Thursday, 23 February 2017
The era of mobile and smart devices has been initiated. The smartphones, tablets and other such devices are replacing the heavy desktops and laptops. People use their handy and compact devices for various purposes such as, entertainment, business conferences, emailing, socialization, etc. The ration of mobile users is booming and so does the industries related to mobile. This includes rapidly changing operating systems to attractive phone cases; increasing the storage size to powerful processing; lightweight accessories to range of applications.
One of the most alluring and widely growing industry is mobile application development. As mobile app users are increasing, more and more companies are getting into the mobile application development business. Some of the companies have made millions of dollars in this industry. But, anyone can't get the success in this industry just by developing various apps. There are a few important points one must need to keep in mind before developing and launching any application.
1. Outline an Idea
Before getting into serious development, first outline an idea of the application you want to develop. Pen down the complete idea with all big and small details. If you are thinking about versioning, make a plan what will you launch in the first version and then in the upcoming versions.
Once you have made an outline of the application, make a research in the market to check the business case. Make sure to explore as many apps as possible in the market that are there any similar application available in the market. Make sure to develop a unique application.
2. Define Targeted Audience
Once you have decided to develop a mobile app and have a clear idea in mind, define the targeted audience. This is one of the very important step, usually skipped by many businesses and developers. It is very important to clearly define the targeted audience, which can be your own employees, other businesses or general audience. Even if you are developing a generic mobile app which can be used by anyone, it is always a good idea to target one specific audience at initial launch.
3. Select the Best Technology
Clearer idea of targeted audience will help you in this step. Once you are clear about your audience, choose the best suited development technology. As there are various mobile platforms available like android, iOS, windows, blackberry, etc., it is always the best idea to develop mobile application on any one platform initially. If you have decided to develop your application on multiple platforms then make sure that your development takes least efforts and costing while doing cross-platforming.
4. Competitive Pricing
Once your mobile application is developed and ready to launch make sure to define the competitive price. Make a perfect research in the app market to check the pricing of counterparts or in the industry your mobile app is targeting. Make sure to keep it competitive, yet affordable by any user. The mobile application development area is very competitive, so even if you have developed something extraordinary, the prices must be reasonable. It is always a good idea to give it for free for some time, to develop a loyal client-base.
5. Influential Marketing
Even the best application gets lost in the piles of many mobile applications available in the market. Even if your application has never seen before features and functionality, you always need a strategic marketing activities. Daily, thousands of applications are getting launched into the market, to stand out of the crowd, you need a great marketing strategy which not only attract the audience, but also influence them to use your mobile application on a daily basis or frequently.
Any mobile application development company can achieve the defined milestones if they keep these points in mind and follow them with accuracy. Also, listen to the feedback of the users to maintain the success.
Things to Remember For Successful Mobile Application Development
Mobile application development is a new and complex turf that application developers need to understand clearly before they start venturing into it. An user will have different frame-set of mind while surfing the same site over internet. Users expect something more and different with the mobile apps. A mobile application development company can enact your ideas and requirements into an app but it cannot force the users to download it.
Most of the mobile specialists and development houses base their development methodologies upon short experiences. Individuals or organizations who want an app should first think about the end user. The mobile user is a person who is likely to be on move, not forced to stay at one location, is probably in a hurry and gets easily distracted as there are many options for him. Apart from the technical stuff, the mobile application development should also be according to the market needs and the user tendencies. Some key points to remember for successful mobile application development are mentioned below.
1. Don't Create Unnecessary Hype: Promising something and then not delivering on it will definitely cause resentment on the part of the users. Users are going to react badly if they don't get what you promise, especially if they have to pay, download and install the app. Your app will receive tons of bad reviews and that will immediately affect your sale. This will also prevent users from trusting and downloading any of your future apps. Moreover, the situation may bring bad publicity in case of a branded application.
2. Don't Let Your App Go Static: Developing and releasing an app is not the end game. If you want your app to stay in the competition and get constant downloads then you will have to work on it constantly. Updating it on a regular basis with new features, UI upgrades etc will keep the user interested in your app. A static app that just remains as it came is likely to get deleted and overtaken by the competition. Mobile application development is an ongoing process which makes an app dynamic in nature. Make amendments based on the user feedback's. Include things that you think will spice up the app and ignore the less feasible ones.
3. Stick to Your Core: Most often, applications are developed with so much functionality that they are not able to perform their core functions properly. Too much information and options are just going to confuse the user. Each screen should be specific and have a limited number of options. If it is an app for showing weather conditions then don't try to add in additional features such as important landmarks at that location or driving directions etc. Focus on your core idea and deliver an app that does exactly what it says.
4. Don't make it Complex: Mobile application development is a complex process, don't make it more complex by over thinking. Keep it simple and keep it straight to the point. Let the mobile application development company do its job while you make sure that all your requirements are being fulfilled. If you try to make it complex then the chances of getting bugs in the app increase. Further, the development procedure is going to get costly with every complexity.
Mobile application development should be approached differently than how we approach web application development. The unique features of the app should be identified and developed according to the mobile user's requirements.